e hënë, 13 gusht 2007

Calling It Quits for 2007

I got the idea for this blog last winter. I'm not the most tech savvy person around, so I was a bit apprehensive about trying it. In prior seasons, I collected emails, then sent stories to people on the list. This is a way to reach a wider audience.

It succeeded, to say the least. I've gotten complimentary responses from people in various parts of the state. This encourages me to do it again in 2008. It also allows people who want to check in on how we're going to get their scores and info first thing in the morning.

Now, some thanks to the people who do the work behind the scenes and in front of you. First, the knuckleheads at the gate. Many come, but few are willing to sit and collect money. So, thanks ladies.

The woman in the concession stand. She always made sure I got my hot dogs; otherwise I would have gone to work for the Wilson crowd. And she doesn't get to watch the games!

Our announcer is an acquired taste for some, but you can't say he is boring. And he cares enough to get the names right, no small thing from what I've heard elsewhere. I'd like to hear some Lynyrd Skynyrd opening a few games next season.

Athletic officer Sam Sasser has brought a much-need energy to the position. we'll have to keep Grant as a batboy so we don't lose Sam.

Our coaches, as do almost all coaches, work hard to get everything out of the players. Now, if our head coach could just quit antagonizing those folks from Caldwell County....

Finally, but most important, the players, my most special friends. To the ones who won't be returning, don't forget what this program gave you. Don't turn your back on it. Come to the field often and contribute something in time or money to help this program continue to be one of the premier ones in the state.

I will see you in May of 2008.

2 komente:

steelersin11 tha...

Thanks for the blog....I wouldn't have made it to the championship game if it hadn't been for your updates.

The News-Argus was really lax in their coverage; just a shame. It's odd how one person like yourself can do a better job than the local newspaper! Congratulations to you and the team.

Tim Butts tha...

Keith-Thanks again for all the hard work you do. I got your emails when you first started and have enjoyed the new blog.Congrats to this years team on a great season I wish all the departing players the best as they move on.For all the returning guys remember that you play for one of the best programs in the state.And finally to the people of Post 11 thanks for the support and for what you do to make the program what it is.We have a lot of kids that have moved on to the next level and with out the support that comes from Post 11 that may not have happened.In closing I would also like to say not only to the players but to the parents don't stop the support just because your son has moved on keep it up and let's finally get that ring.