e shtunë, 23 qershor 2007

My Accident

In case you're wondering, here is what happened. If you want the Reader's Digest version, it's simple: My world got turned upside down.

I was headed home, having gotten off a little early, and had left I40 for US 1, aka the Beltline. I live off the Jones Franklin exit. My speed was 55, which is mylimit because I'm getting ready to turn, and there wasn't anyone close to me in my lane. I must have looked at the radio or someting similar because when I glanced up again I was headed straight into a car. I managed to swerve just enough to avoid a straight-on collision, but the impact sent me across the other two lanes and into the median.

I was able to get out of my vehicle and walk across the road and ask the woman what happen, that I wasn't mad, but simply wanted to know how she stopped there. In the rush of the moment, I didn't realize the nature odf my enemies. she mentioned something about having her flashers on.

Eventually, the EMS people arrived and persuaded me to get into the vehicle so they could examine me. My main concern was that I had lost my car I had recently purchased and wouldn't be able to get anywhere. More important, people who rear-end others are always at fault.

I had to get to Wilson, I told them, so I asked to be let off near my house in order to find a way to the game. I was hoping I could drive my Tercell to Wilson. ( I also hope Duke will win the national championship in football.)

The police talked to me briefly, and one eventually told me that the other driver had been cited. I was off the hook. The woman's address is in Greenville. From what I gathered, she had missed her exit and was backing up instead of going down the road and turning aound.

So, we went to Wake Med on the other side of town. the EMS personnel had me on a stretcher and couldn't get a pulse For awhile. (Much to the dismay of some of my enemies at work, I didn't succumb to my injuries.) It is arounfd this time that the individual begins to notice his injuries.

Of course, one does not go in and out of the ER quickly. It was well into the evening before anyone gave me that much attention, which Iunderstand because my injuries were not life-threatening.

First, they fitted me with a boot similar to what basketball players weae.That is all they can do. The healing process has to take effect. Finally, they got around to the wrist. I received several shots os morphine. That was an experience.

Then the doctor injected this ten-foot long needle in me twice to numb the wrist area..I just about jumped odd the table and strangled him.

He placed my arm between his legs -Will I know what you're thinking - to realign the bones in the home that he could avoid surgery. I already had X-rays, but it was time for one more to make sure his effort had been successful. And it was.

My aunt and uncle took me home to get some things and feed the cat. Then it was off to Grantham.

The rest of the night was rough, both physically and emotionally, as the pain refused to subside. The doctor prescribed medication but I didn't know where to get it at that late hour.

Things are better today, but I have virtually no movement with my left hand. I don't know what I'll about scoring.

The woman's insurance company doesn't have anyone in the office for the weekend. The agent assigned to my case is gone until Wednesday. Rental car agencies won't give me a car becayse I don't have a credit card. I am going to try to get one MOnday from my bank.

I am hoping the woman will not fight the charges. Then allstate could expedite the matter.

I"ll be there for the next two games, but I don't know after that. Thanks for reading.

Nuk ka komente: